Tomorrow night, the infamous RiFF RAFF will take the stage at Webster Hall in New York City with Donmonique & Justina Valentine. RiFF RAFF is far more than just a rapper – he’s baffling stage personality who’s an expert in hosting memorable parties. Contrary to popular belief, the man can actually throw down a hot verse. Listen to what we’re talking about at 1:20 in this remix of “Show Out.”
Webster Hall was kind enough to extend us press access to cover the show, so check back in tomorrow for stories and mementos from the concert (if you want to join us, tickets can be purchased here for $25). On the fence? Maybe these bizarre facts about RiFF RAFF will sway you in the right direction.
- In 2012, RiFF RAFF signed to Diplo’s Mad Decent label
- His real name is Horst Christian Simco (name one other person you know named ‘Horst’)
- RiFF RAFF has a huge “BET” tattoo on his neck
- In late 2013, RiFF RAFF publicly announced he quit cocaine and molly for marijuana. Months after the press release, he put on 40 pounds of muscle.
- In 2013, RiFF RAFF announced he was suing the creators of the movie, Spring Breakers, for 10 million dollars for sampling his life without his permission or a proper producer credit. James Franco’s character in the film, named Alien, bears a striking physical and personality resemblance to Horst:
Still on the fence? Take a look at this crazy video of RiFF RAFF free-styling in front of a webcam with a real albino python wrapped around his hand, and fat lines of cocaine decorating his desk: