Just yesterday, Major Lazer & KickRaux unleashed their latest collaborative remix of Kranium’s “Nobody Has to Know” with Ty Dolla Si$n. The release features the classic Jamaican dancehall roots we learned to love when Diplo started the musical outfit back in 2008 (can you believe Major Lazer’s been on the map for 7 years now?!)
When interviewed about the remix, Diplo told Vibe, “Major Lazer always tries to be on top of pushing new dancehall music internationally. Kranium has one of the biggest songs of the past two years and KickRaux is one of the favorite new producers; making some future dancehall.”
Per usual, we’re feeding you three fun facts about each producer involved with this track:
- His alias, short for Diplodocus, comes from his childhood love of dinosaurs.
- Diplo dated British-Sri Lankan singer and rapper M.I.A. from 2003-2008.
- M.I.A.’s hit song “Paper Planes,” was produced and written by Diplo, with some help from co-producer and previous Major Lazer partner, Switch.
KickRaux (picture above)
- KickRaux was born in Portmore, Jamaica, but raised in Florida.
- In 2013 KickRaux toured the US with Brillz and Krewella.
- KickRaux’s three favorite rappers, by order, are Project Pat, Tinie Tempah, and Kanye West.
- Earlier this year, Kranium signed his first multi album record deal with Atlantic Records.
- Kranium, like KickRaux, was born in Jamaica, but has lived in Miami and most recently New York City since 2005.
- The original “Nobody Has to Know” sold 29,000 copies in 2014 alone.
Ty Dolla Si$n
- Ty is part of Wiz Khalifa’s Taylor Gang.
- Ty began his career in music playing the bass guitar.
- His father was a member of the ’70s funk band, Lakeside, and now performs in Ty’s live band.
So there you have it, some interesting tidbits about the homies behind this hot new release. Make sure to stay on top of all upcoming content by joining our Facebook group.