Good morning, Sound-Fixers, and Happy Monday. Three weeks ago, we pledged to introduce a new artist every Monday to help combat the Monday Blues. For me, finding a new musician gets me excited about the other cool new shit and music that’s somewhere out there, just waiting to introduce itself into my world. Check out the past two editions of our “Monday Blues Spotlight” – Tom Misch & Sophistafunk.
Today, however, we feel obligated to give you an extra-strong dose of musical remedy. Our homies, Brandon Capozzoli and Zechariah Fay, reached out this weekend with an exclusive HQ recording of the legendary 808 set Bassnectar rocked at this year’s Moonrise Festival. Brandon runs this fresh entertainment company in Albany called Capital Aligned Entertainment, which aims to “Bring the Bass to the 518” with acts like Crizzly and Brightside. Learn more about Capital Aligned Entertainment here.
So without further ado, enjoy five fun facts about Nectar and this three-part HQ download, which has gone through rounds of sound editing for your audial enjoyment. Share away, and if you have any fresh HQ sets shackled up on your hard drive that you’d like to set loose, please email me at email@example.com.
- Nectar originally made a name for himself by performing up to seven sets per day at Burning Man under the alias, “DJ Lorin.”
- Nectar does not do drugs, and openly speaks out against them in interviews.
- He grew up in a commune in the Bay Area outside of San Francisco.
- There are rumors that Moonrise invited Bassnectar to champion and curate his own “Bass Stage” at Moonrise ’16 (eekk?).
- Nectar donates $1 from each sold ticket to certain charities under his “Dollar per Basshead” campaign.