Jauz and Pegboard Nerds took to Soundcloud yesterday with a fresh new collaboration, titled “Get On Up,” available as a free download for about four more hours now (it’s 10 AM EST right now as I type). Last year, Big Gigantic released a free download with the same title, which turned out to be one of my personal favorite tracks of 2014. Unlike the previous teaser collaboration with Skrillex that we covered a couple days ago, this new track is much more “Jauz-y,” featuring way more Future House elements and shuffle-inspiring high-hat riffs. Check it out:
Like most of our music release articles, we’re dishing you three fun facts about both of the artists involved on this release. Here they are:
- Jauz’s real name is Sam Vogel, he’s 21, and is from L.A.
- Vogel graduated from a music production program in L.A. called the Icon Collective. A number of famous producers have completed the same course, including Slander, Protohype, Mak J, NGHTMRE, and APEK.
- If you’re ever wondering how to categorize Jauz’s unique sound, it’s called “Future House,” and he basically forged the genre by himself.
- Alexander Odden and Michael Parsberg make up Pegboard Nerds, and are both from Scandinavia.
- Alex turned down an internship offer from Above and Beyond over 10 years ago.
- The duo is starting to dabble in self-produced vocals, coming soon.