Today’s the day. Our car is packed, spirits are high, and we’re heading out to our fourth festival of the summer. On the menu this weekend is a festival you probably have never heard of (unless you follow Sound Fix), but should certainly know about. We’re driving to Backwoods Pondfest in Peru, NY, and you should, too. Here are 10 reason why you should skip work and join us:
- We’re going (look for a Shia Labeouf totem).
- Pigeons Playing Ping Pong are performing a “sunset set” tonight.
- It’s only $90 at the gates for two days of music and two nights of camping.
- Ex Presidents, the new super group comprised of Kung Fu’s previous keyboarder, Dopapod’s former drummer, the guitarist who performs with Gramatik, and the former bassist from Particle, are performing their first ever set tomorrow night.
- The festival is hosting hula hoop lessons and yoga classes.
- It’s on a fucking pond.
- Mihali, the lead singer and guitarist from Twiddle, is performing a “storyteller set” tomorrow (video below).
- We’re forecasted for perfect weather all weekend.
- It’s all ages, and dogs are allowed.
- Historically, it’s a festival that is not congested (circa 2,000 people per year). For comparison’s sake, Bisco had 40,000 people this year, and Bonnaroo had 90,000.
So there you have it, 10 reasons to pack your tent, totem, frisbees, binkies, what have you. JUST DO IT! Tickets are sold at the gates for $90. Deets here.