Just a few hours ago, Zeds Dead released a new collaboration on Soundcloud with the L.A. rapper, Murs. Back when we interviewed Zeds Dead in 2011 (check it out here), DC and Hooks were consistently pumping out these incredibly heavy, genre-bending tracks that typically contained some sort of dub/drumstep element. Recently, it seems they’ve strayed away from that loose formula, but with this new track, “One Time,” they serve their fans a heavy dose of nostalgia. We’re stoked about this track, and hope you’ll feel the same way after checking it out. Per usual, we have three fun facts about both artists on the release. Enjoy.
- Like “Yolanda Be Cool”, the name “Zeds Dead” is a reference to a scene in Tarantino’s film, Pulp Fiction.
- Zeds Dead played their first live set at The Social in Toronto on June 11, 2009.
- DC and Hooks do not plan out their sets before live performances. The only segment that has any premeditation is the intro. (wow)
- The name, “Murs,” is an acronym that stands for one of two things: “Making the Universe Recognize and Submit” or “Making Underground Raw Shit.”
- Murs has been in the industry for a while, almost 20 years now. He released his debut album in 1997.
- Murs is a well-known gay rights activist.